Proving to be the country’s most premium exhibition to source LED lights, components, gears and other technologies, LED Expo Mumbai 2019 kicked off today with 21% surge in the exhibitor numbers. A total of 295 exhibitors from contingents like India, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan and the UAE will focus on lighting categories like LED application and lighting; signages and display; components/accessories and raw materials; drivers and power supply; machinery and manufacturing equipment’s; and so on. Continuing the growth trajectory, the show also boasts 21% growth in space and 5% growth in international participation for this edition.
Talking about the show’s evident growth and strong objectives Mr Raj Manek, Executive Director and Board Member, Messe Frankfurt Asia Holding Ltd said: “Looking at the growth dynamics of the show it gives me immense pleasure to say that LED Expo is increasingly becoming the maiden choice of LED manufacturers, suppliers and buyers across India. LED Expo as a brand plays a pivotal role in increasing awareness, bringing global technologies to the showfloor and introducing new trends in the industry. With strong support received from our government and associations, we aim to continue enforcing our objectives for the benefit of the industry.”
The show received a grand start with notable representatives from leading companies and associations making their presence felt at the inauguration. Taking the lead as a chief guest was Shri Kantilal B. Umap IAS, Director General, Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA – Pune) who shared: “The government of India has schemes like DELP and UAJALA for the development of these technologies. Our efforts with EESL has also shown remarkable progress in the distribution of street lights and LED residential lights. We plan to distribute 77 million lamps by the end of 2019 and 30 million street lights by the end of 2020. This will help us save 27,000 megawatts by 2020.”
Congratulating the show and the organisers he further added: “I am glad to see so many participants from India and other countries at LED Expo 2019. Platform like LED Expo will certainly add to the promotion of LED technologies that act as basic elements of energy efficiency and carbon footprint.”
Officially opening the show for business were:
- Shri Kantilal B. Umap IAS, Director General, Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA – Pune)
- Shri Prashant Badgeri, Dy. Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Government of Maharashtra
- Mr Deepak Doshi, Vice President, LACMA (Luminaries Accessories Components Manufacturers Association)
- Mr Raj Gaurav Batra, Director, Rabyte
- Mr Biju Xavier Managing Director, Agnus
- Mr Darshit Seth, Director, Nirvana
- Mr Michael Dehn, General Manager – Sales & Marketing, Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd
Also supporting the initiative and giving insights on the industry was Shri Prashant Badgeri, Dy. Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Government of Maharashtra, who said” “We want the energy conservation in the country to reach new heights. The central government has come up with national energy conservation act and energy conservation policy. The state government has entered into an MOU with EESL to replace 20 lakh street lights with LED lights to conserve electricity for the urban areas.
Looking at the exhibition, he also added: “The exhibition has successfully hosted exhibitors showcasing products, innovations and advanced technologies under the same platform for trade buyers. I was specially fascinated by a wireless button where you didn’t have to use any connection to switch on the lights.”
The grand opening was then followed by aisles filled with curious traders trying to gain knowledge from various exhibition booths that displayed exclusive product launches and technological advancements including:
- Launch of Solar LED street lights (semi integrated) with dimming control technology that is helpful for power-saving management by Quiz Electronics
- Launch of Eco-friendly Flood Lights with WIFI support, all time recording, infrared night vision, motion detection, cloud storage, energy saving that also maintains high security at various outdoor spaces by Prisha Illumination
- Launch of Pendant lamps that is integrated with smart drivers that enables the user to change ambient colours to a desired level to help and develop better working environments in commercial sectors by Smartlight
- Marbul - Magnetic Track Systems that use running magnetic track lights with different attachable light units to fit the user’s personal requirements. These lights can be used without any connection, are flexible and best used for residential lighting by Lafit Lighting
- Eco-friendly and energy efficient lights that are developed with no harmful substances like mercury to protect the environment by Kalinga Electricals
Even though the transition of incandescent lights to LED lights is in full swing, there is still a huge gap between the demand and the supply of power in the urban sectors resulting in frequent load shedding, breakdown causing immense loss of industrial production and affecting economic activities in the country. The growth in the overall participation of the show explains that LED Expo as a brand will not only aim to fill this gap by promoting the use of LED technologies but also to constantly keep the market abreast with latest international trends.
Open till 11 May 2019, the show will bring major stakeholders, manufacturers, dealers and focused buyers together on one prominent platform.
Links to websites:
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500* employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €715* million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
*preliminary figures 2018
For more information, please visit our website at: